Mount Sinai Careers
MANAGEMENT ANALYST I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Management Analyst I provides basic to moderately complex analytical and project management/decision support, utilizing a wide range of state of the art performance improvement methodologies across all administrative and operational functions. S/he makes recommendations, prepares, reviews, and analyzes data from business and organizational systems to assist higher level decision making personnel or management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares, reconciles and analyzes basic to moderately complex information; performs special studies as required. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
2. Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
3. Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
4. May assist in the development of training manuals and training implementations to improve processes.
5. Prepares feasibility studies and business plans of moderate complexity to support new business developments.
6. Prepares basic to moderately complex Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
7. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
8. Advances the organization’s ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives.
9. Updates monthly metrics and reports trends.
10. Documents current operations and provides recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
11. Prepares documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and presents findings and recommendations.
12. May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
13. May monitor project timelines and budgets.
14. May provide informal training for less experienced Business Analysts.
15. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related field required, Master's Degree preferred.
2 years experience in data analysis/decision support or other related field with a Bachelors degree, OR 1 year experience with a Master’s degree.