Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Informaticist - Epic
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2387554
The Clinical Informaticist utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice and healthcare operations to implement, support, and optimize clinical computer applications and related technology. Under supervision, analyzes and models clinical and operational workflows to define requirements and articulate needs to IT department. Analyzes educational needs of clinical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with IT application teams in planning, implementation, and support of clinical applications
- Assess clinical and operational workflows in defined departments and/or practices, design and/or recommend clinical IT solutions
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the trends, developments, and best practices in clinical informatics
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clinical and operational leaders in defined departments/practices to identify opportunities for improving patient care through technology
- Further the competencies and education of clinicians in the use of information technology to support clinical practice and patient care
- Champion improvements in patient care across all disciplines
- Advance the mission, vision and values of the Mount Sinai Health System and Information Technology
- Three to five years of relevant clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience in clinical informatics initiatives (eg. EMR implementation)
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience participating in clinical quality and performance improvement initiativess
- A solid understanding of the information technology market including trends, technologies, products and influencers.
- Proven skills in the areas of business analysis, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management.
- Active in professional organizations related to the informatics field
- Experience in interacting with clinical and administrative staff to deploy care-coordination solutions
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Professional and positive approach in building relationships with senior executives
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and able to work on own initiative
- Fluent in underlying technologies required for clinical informatics