Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher II, Tissue Coordinator, Neurosciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Autism BrainNet is a brain banking initiative covering the contiguous United States and the UK dedicated to collecting post-mortem brain tissue from individuals with ASD as well as neurotypical controls for research.
- Support outreach activities
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Interface with vendors, medical professionals, medical examiners, funeral homes and representatives from organ procurement organizations
- Work in cooperation with the Clinical Director to coordinate the shipping of fresh, fixed, and frozen human brain tissue
- Process fresh human brains according to protocol
- Support the database development by entering relevant case information
- Work in cooperation with the Science Program Officer to section and ship tissue approved for distribution
- Track existing cases as they are consented, processed, stored and distributed
- Education: BA or BS in biological sciences with an interest in neuroscience
- Proficiency in interpersonal relations
- High organizational ability
- Ability to work in a team
- Minimum of three months of laboratory research experience
- Experience with dissection
- Flexible hours to accommodate unpredictability of receiving donations
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.