Mount Sinai Careers
Nuclear Medicine Tech; Full Time; Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Performs procedures on patients ranging from Neonatal to Geriatric.
Accountable for all applicable documentation relative to procedure performance
and patient and family education. Maintains currency in technology and protocol
updates. Demonstrates continuous self improvement by attending required
in-service classes; maintaining certification requirements and section
competence; makes effective contributions to section, and adheres to hospital
and departmental policies and procedures. May serve as preceptor for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Engages in patient and family education; initiates and maintains quality patient care throughout the procedure; considers patients’ comfort and emotional needs.
2. Responsible for dose administration and calculations, performs QC procedures, has thorough knowledge and understanding of imaging technologies employed, including theory of operation and rationale for QC procedures performed. Performs imaging procedures assigned and prepares results for interpretations, including labeling, formatting and associated paperwork.
3. Recognized malfunctioning equipment and performs minor troubleshooting, performs computer processing and acquired imaging procedures; resolves minor technical problems related to image quality and quantitative results. Archives and retrieves data as assigned including labeling, formatting and associated paperwork.
4. Conducts wipe tests, surveys and waste disposal as required.
5. Complies with Federal, State and local requirements and regulatory agencies; maintains a clean, safe work environment and observes safety procedures and testing.
Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s preferred, Certified Radiologic Technologist by the ARRT.
5 or more years of experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
1. Radiologic Technologist
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.