Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Manager - Adolescent Health - Full Time - Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Revenue Cycle Manager - 2393646
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of revenue cycle activity, ensuring maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician and customer relations. This includes accountability for front and back end functions, daily reconciliation, resolution of billing inquiries, and patient/caregiver education on the billing process. May function as liaison between patient and other Mount Sinai departments (Hospital or FPA) in management of patient billing inquiries.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage daily operations of the billing department, including medical coding, claims submission, payment posting, and accounts receivable follow-up.
• Work with providers and others to maximize revenue, reimbursement and productivity while fully complying with payer reimbursement benchmarks and deadline requirements.
• Provide guidance to billing and coding staff and assist staff in eliminating billing backlog.
• Monitor contracts and reimbursement trends.
• Investigate billing problems, formulate and implement solutions.
• Collaborates with HR on credentialing process
• Respond to all internal and external audit requests in a timely fashion.
• Generate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statistical reports
• Streamline, implement and enforce medical billing policies and procedures, rules and regulations
• Inform provider and Health Care Access Program (HCAP) team of any updates/changes to billing rules, regulations and requirements
• Work with outside vendors, insurance providers and others to resolve billing issues.
• Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensure policies are communicated and administered consistently.
• Attends administrative meetings and participates on committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies, as directed.
• Maintains confidentiality as regards patient account status.
• Acts as liaison with all levels of administration and faculty in coordination of operational activities to accomplish directives and to facilitate resolution of problems.
• Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones.
• Supervise revenue cycle staff
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, Accounting preferred or equivalent in education and experience
• Five years of medical revenue cycle experience, (2) years’ experience in Hospital, and/or accounting or information systems
• Certified Coder (CPC or CCS) required
• Minimum 5 years of experience supervising medical billing staff. Pediatric preferred.
• Experience managing revenue cycle for Article 28 and 31 sites
• Proven, leader with the ability to set team goals and prioritize daily operations and projects.
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) and/or practice management software experience; EPIC preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of
o Medicaid and Medicaid Manage Care reimbursement guidelines,
o Medical insurances policies and procedures
o Reimbursement systems, regulations and polices pertaining to coding, billing and documentation.
• Experience negotiating Managed Care rates.
• Ability to research and analyze data and resolve issues; read, interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations, read and interpret medical procedures and terminology
• Strong written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.