Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures all equipment is operating properly. Performs quality control on Imaging and non-imaging nuclear equipment.
2. Performs end of the day survey of the areas, personnel monitoring for radiation and takes corrective actions if readings fall out of range.
3. Responsible for dose administration and calculations, performs QC procedures, has thorough knowledge and understanding of imaging technologies employed, including theory of operation and rationale for QC procedures performed.
4. Performs imaging procedures assigned and prepares results for interpretations, including labeling, formatting and associated paperwork.
5. Oversees stress tests and helps attending physicians in case of stress test related emergencies.
6. Recognizes malfunctioning equipment and performs minor troubleshooting, performs computer processing of acquired imaging procedures; resolves minor technical problems related to image quality and quantitative results.
7. Conducts wipe tests, surveys and waste disposal as required.
8. Complies with Federal, State and local requirements and regulatory agencies; maintains a clean, safe work environment and observes safety procedures and testing.
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Certified Radiologic Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
1 year of clinical experience required.
1. Radiologic Technologist