Mount Sinai Careers
Bioinformatician II, Oncological Sciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NY is seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to participate in cutting edge research within the Departments of Oncological Science and Dermatology. The successful applicant will join a team with research focused on cancer or inflammatory diseases. This individual will apply bioinformatic analyses to interpret multi-scale data.
- Analyze and interpret findings from next generation sequencing data, including whole genome, exome, RNA-Seq, copy number and methylation data
- Integrate and translate genetic, genomic, structural, and clinical data into networks and mechanisms translating into novel diagnostics and therapeutics
- Create and manage electronic databases including complex next generation sequence and array datasets linked to clinical data
- Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team
- Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
- Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required
- MS or PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field
- Outstanding programming skills in R, Perl, Python, Java, C++, and Unix
- Excellent track record of analyzing next generation sequencing data and performing network analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, statistical genetics, bioinformatics concepts, methods and tools. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills
- Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.