Mount Sinai Careers
Business Intelligence Analyst -Clinical Operations and Analytics
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Title: Business Intelligence Analyst (PLSQL, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau)
Our Quality Operations group provides end-to-end data management support across Mount Sinai’s clinical institutes and clinical care service lines. Our scope encompasses clinical data registries and disease-based cohort databases that are used for the purposes of quality initiatives, performance improvement, and patient outcomes research. We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst who will design and build registry/disease/procedure based data models and ETL programs and stored procedures to support these data models. This BI Analyst will also be responsible for development of descriptive statistics through reports and scorecards (Microsoft SSRS) and self-service applications through data visualization tools (Tableau).
- Design and build registry/disease/procedure specific data models.
- Create/maintain complex SQL codes and stored procedures that feed and refresh the data models.
- Create/maintain ETLs that source data from various databases to support the data models.
- Build and advocate analytics and outcomes research projects ranging from scorecards and dashboards to data mining studies evaluating the effectiveness of a particular care process.
- Responsible for the data analysis, development of data visualization tools, and the presentation of data to clinical teams in support of monitoring clinical care protocols and measuring quality and outcomes.
- Work closely with biostatisticians for development of risk models, analytical algorithms, analytics data marts, and development of statistical data tables.
- Bachelors’ (required) or Master’s (preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Public Health, Computer or Systems Engineering or related field that further developed your expertise in the business of health and healthcare.
- Three (+) years of experience in writing complex SQL
- Two (+) years of data analytics experience using BI tools and data visualization software
- Solid understanding of enterprise data warehouse, subject-matter data marts, and complex data models
- Prior experience as a healthcare data analyst or business analyst working with clinical EHR (Epic Clarity) data and nomenclatures and hospital claims data and disease classification systems
- General understanding of hospital claims datasets, healthcare departmental/clinical operations, workflow, policies, and procedures is a plus
- Project management (agile, lean) skills a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.