Mount Sinai Careers
Special Procedures (Mammo) Tech 2-5 YRS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provides information to diagnose patient
illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verifies patient identification as to departmental policy. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
2. Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
3. Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies;
4. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
5. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
7. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
8. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
9. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive methods, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
10. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
11. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
12. Maintains production and quality of imaging by following established standards and procedures; observing results; making necessary adjustments.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Completes yearly Age Specific Competency.
15. Assumes on-call duties.
16. Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
2-5 Interventional Radiology Experience Preferred
1. Radiologic Technologist
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.