Mount Sinai Careers
Biostatistician I, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Seeking full-time Biostatistical Programmer/Analyst for epidemiologic studies of environmental exposures and children’s health. Working as a member of the biostatistical team on multiple environmental health studies, the individual will be an integral team member providing analytic support requiring high-level analytic skills.
- Reviewing proposed grant applications
- Working closely with other analysts recommending analytic strategies to accommodate study design, planning, preparing, and interpreting statistical analysis plans, advising researchers on analytic problems, and preparing reports on analytic plans
- Performing biostatistical analyses using SAS and/or R to perform data analysis including working with complex and possibly high dimensional data sets. Summarizing results including writing text for papers, grants, and reports
- Maintaining files and records
- Opportunity for co-authorship of scientific research papers
- Education: Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology or related field
- Proficiency with SAS and/or R programming required. Demonstrated knowledge of statistical research principles, methods, procedures and standards
- Experience analyzing and interpreting observational research data as well as applying a range of statistical techniques in support of epidemiologic research
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing required
- Experience in working with metabolomic, epigenetic and/or microbiome datasets a plus but not required
- Experience”1 year of biostatistics or related experience in research preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.