Mount Sinai Careers
Flex Staff - By Hour, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Trade Center General Responder Data Center - Research Assistant (Temporary)
Basic Function and Responsibility:
- Assist in collecting, organizing, recording health information
- Organize medical records from electronic medical record (EMR) and the records of responder’s personal physicians
- Patient outreach/followup phone calls to patients already contacted by study team, to inquire about status of medical release forms, other data needed etc.
- Telephone contact with doctors’ offices to obtain responder medical records
- Extract health information from medical record (diagnoses, medications, diagnostic tests, family history)
- Health information entry into database
- Verbalizes mission, goals, and strategic plan for the WTC DCC and the Autoimmune Surveillance Project
- Participates in all assigned committee meetings and projects
- Must adhere to all HIPAA guidelines and at all times maintain confidentiality of patient PHI
- Possess ability to communicate and use effective interpersonal skills with colleagues and other members of the team
- Fosters a positive work environment/attitude and encourages team work
- Must be able to adhere to and practice consistent with patient and staff rights and responsibilities
- Must possess strong time management skills
- Must practice within basic scope of practice for their position
in the orientation of new personnel as assigned by appropriate staff member
Demonstration of knowledge and understanding of:
- Patient Advocacy
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and security
- Completes OSHA training, HIPAA training, WTC-specific security training and all other required in-services
- Attends and participates in meetings as applicable or required
- Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Describes safety plan and knows location of evacuation meeting place, describes staff as well as personal role; understands the HAZCOM program and use/location of MSDS books. Able to recognize and respond to potential emergent situations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a health related field preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledge of World Trade Center Data Center (WTCDCC) policies, systems and objectives
- General knowledge of health care administration systems
- Skill in planning and organizing
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and communicate results of analysis in an accurate manner
- Pleasant telephone voice and manner
- Professional manner, demeanor and appearance
- Ability to deal with people of all levels of intellectual and professional backgrounds
- Numerical ability to make accurate calculations and analyze reports
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.