Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Mount Sinai’s Institute for Advanced Medicine is seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative, operational and programmatic supportive services to the PEP Center of Excellence Program, which runs the NYC PEP Hotline. The PEP Hotline is grant-funded program through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH), which provides linkage to immediate care during clinic business hours, and access to HIV Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) starter packs of medication outside of clinic business hours, reducing HIV transmission by increasing emergency access to medication and care, reducing costs by providing starter packs free of charge, eliminating emergency room visits, and seamlessly linking clients to PEP follow-up and care, including grant-funded sexual health programs and benefits assistance for uninsured and underinsured.
The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, collaborating with IAM Prevention team and clinical staff across IAM’s 5 sites and with other community providers, ensuring timely and appropriate linkage, navigation, service provision, follow-up, documentation and reporting to funders. The Program Assistant may also spend time liaising with other MSHS departments and external agencies, discussing PEP access and integration, and status neutral navigation, education and linkage. They will be integral to promoting PEP Hotline’s branding and presence on social media and in the development and implementation of ad campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains liaison with staff in internal and external clinical areas and departments to coordinate program activities; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
2. Plays a central role in data collection, tracking, entry and reporting of program deliverables.
3. Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
4. Provides assistance to staff in assigned areas to ensure program objectives are accomplished seamlessly.
5. Assists in administering program procedures and systems. May ensure information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures.
6. Assists in planning, coordination and outreach efforts to grow the program in new directions and reach new populations, in person and via social media. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement or expand existing program components.
7. May provide HIV and STI testing in clinic and occasional field-based settings.
8. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.
Experience, interest in serving, and cultural intelligence with LGBTQGNC+ persons and persons of color
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a variety of consumers, clinic staff and collaborating partners
Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow-through on multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of HIV/AIDS etiology, transmission, biomedical prevention and associated issues a major plus
Interested in providing select direct client services, including HIV and STI testing and related education