Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This staff position reports to the Assistant Dean for Faculty-Industry Relationships in the Office of the Dean. The Project Coordinator has an essential role in evaluating projects, managing work flow, and developing and presenting educational materials. Although the specific focus of the role is financial conflicts of interest, strong general project management and communication skills are key to success in this position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Learning about conflicts of interest, including Mount Sinai policies and procedures, as well as becoming familiar with the external conflicts of interest environment
- Conducting project review, analysis and evaluation
- Creating and maintaining supporting documentation for projects
- Using office database and Excel spreadsheets to input, sort and retrieve information
- Exercising discretion in review of confidential scientific and/or financial information
- Interacting effectively with faculty and staff to obtain, exchange and communicate information expeditiously
- Working effectively with other members of the Conflicts of Interest Office team to ensure the accurate and timely disposition of projects, and to meet both individual and group goals
- Collaborating with Assistant Dean on developing educational materials and conducting educational sessions for faculty
- Collaborating with other School administrative groups and external parties to ensure timely and appropriate review of projects
- Bachelor's degree; graduate degree preferred.
- Project management experience a plus; proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, database entry/management
- Familiarity with compliance and/or conflicts of interest issues a plus
- Basic familiarity with research terms and research environment a plus
- Experience and success in preparing and giving presentations a plus
- Interest and/or experience in business and/or scientific studies a plus
- Strong project and task management skills;
- Aptitude for analyzing information and formalizing results/conclusions, ability to manage and meet critical deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.