Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- Engineering
REQ # 2406472
Job Title: Mechanic A – General Mechanic - 4pm - 12am
Under general supervision, performs a variety of
work in the general maintenance and repair of building, facility and equipment.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Performs a variety of work in the maintenance
and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities, including carpentry,
plumbing, electrical, masonary, and painting tasks, reports mechanical
malfunctions to appropriate party for action, completes service requests,
responds to emergency situations by wearing company provided radio, maintains
clean and safe work environment.
2. Carpentry: Includes but not limited to basic rough and finish carpentry, repair of partitions, walls, doors, window frames, office furniture, floor and ceiling tile installation and installation of shelving.
3. Electrical: Includes but not limited to, repair work for outlets, switches, install new light bulbs, plugs cables, and reports unsafe electrical problems
4. Plumbing: Includes but not limited to, basic repair of leaks, opens clogged drains and toilets, and repairs faucets.
5. Painting: prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain
High School Diploma/GED required.
Associates degree in electronic technology or mechanical principles highly desirable.
· 1 year basic or mechanical repair experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.