Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Innovation - Req # 2407476
Digital Engagement Intern
Mount Sinai Hospital is looking for eager applicants to join the department of Clinical Innovation’s Digital Engagement Team. The Digital Engagement team overseas several technology projects that look to leverage new and existing IT infrastructure to improve patient experiences and clinical outcomes.
The Intern Position for the Department of Clinical Innovation is a blended Project Management and IT role. The Intern assists in project planning and implementation as a member of a project team. Key tasks include coordinating schedules, scheduling meeting, creating agenda, writing up meeting minutes, leading meetings, and reviewing, assigning, and completing project tasks.
This role will also have a special project with the Gastroenterology Department. This project is focused on the effectiveness of our training efforts, and the use of teaching videos in MyChart Bedside. The Intern with work with the Ostomy Education Nurses to conduct pre & post education surveys. Once an appropriate number of surveys are completed, the Intern will help with completing the statistical analysis of the results and preparing result for a paper that will be published in a medical publication.
In addition to traditional project manager work, this role will require flexibility and the ability to take on additional tasks as the projects and priorities change. Potential work & roles include – Training/Trainer, Reporting, Data Analytics, Market Research, IT, Patient Engagement & More. Experience in all these areas is not required, but a willingness to learn new skills and push oneself is needed.The Intern will also asked to take on tasks with limited information, work independently, and find creative solutions to achieve the project goals, sometime with little direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Coordinates Digital Engagement Projects including:
Mount Sinai Patient Care Tablets
Digital Whiteboards & Digital Room Display
Hospital Room of the Future
Voice Activated Workflows
Robotic Process Automation
Patient Satisfaction Improvement
2. Creating meeting agendas, minutes, and related correspondence
3. Track, communicate and manage project tasks and implementation issues
4. Work with reporting teams to create reports and ensure accuracy of the information being presented
5. Perform administrative tasks as required
6. Coordinates workflow design sessions. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
7. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements.
8. Assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
9. Maintains and augments manuals
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
11. Maintain project calendars and modifies schedules as required.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Hospital Administration, Business, Project Management, or a related discipline
Potential Candidates should possess the following characteristics:
· Friendly and Outgoing
· Patient focused & empathic
· Good communication skills verbal and written
· Comfortable with ambiguity & uncertainty
· Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation
· Able to foster working relationships with the team members and clients
· Data driven
· Willing to take risk, try new things, fail, and try again better
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Preferred but not required)
· Experience with Epic EMR (Preferred but not required)
· Experience creating reports (Preferred but not required)