Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Physical Therapist; Acute Cardiac Care
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
- Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries
- Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
- Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
- Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
Current New York State Physical Therapist licensure.
Experience: 3 years of PT related experience.