Mount Sinai Careers
ASSISTANT MANAGER STORES & RECEIVING
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- STOREROOM
REQ # 2407950
Job Title: Assistant Manager Store and receiving
The Assistant Manager of Stores and Receiving is responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the activities of the stores and receiving facility at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is rresponsible for providing the operational and budgetary variances to management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments of Supervisors, and monitors performance to meet production goals.
· Recruits, interviews, and selects employees for bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit positions in the department.
· Provides feedback to Corporate Director of Materials Management on all aspects of operations, staff productivity and budget variances.
· Develops cost savings/labor savings measures when required. Ensures regulatory compliance for all surveys.
· Establishes and maintains policies and procedures relating to hospital receiving and inventory control applications.
· Maintains and orders appropriate stock levels of inventoried products in Stat Stores. Coordinates replenishment services with distribution center and all outside vendors.
· Trains supervisors on the Inventory Control applications.
· Prepares and furnishes reports on volume activity and staff productivity. Advises manager of changes in resource needs.
· Participates in Labor Relations activities, including disciplinary actions, grievance, arbitrations and terminations.
· Performs follow-up conferences with user departments to ensure quality and consistency of service (Quality of Service).
· Develops policies and procedures for the Emergency Preparedness plan for Stores and Receiving.
· Maintains the proper working order of all facility and materials handling equipment through monitoring and accessing vendor service agreements.
· Participates in bi-annual physical inventories of stores and other materials Management departments as needed.
· Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma
· Associate degree; Bachelor’s preferred.
· Minimum four years experience in Material Management/Stores & Receiving including two years of supervisory experience.
· Basic MS Office (Word, Excel), Outlook
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.