Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for evaluation and intervention of referred patients in an identified specialty area, as well as participation in the development and implementation of that specialty. Serves as consultant to staff in case management of patients within that specialty area. Reports to the Therapy Manager (Inpatient/Acute) or the Professional Practice Manager (Outpatient and Sports Therapy areas). This is generally a permanent position within a clinical and/or administrative specialty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs initial examinations, establishes appropriate goals, plans and implements treatment interventions, performs timely re-examinations and modifies goals and treatment interventions accordingly. Coordinates with other disciplines when indicated.
2. Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, i.e., initial examinations, progress notes, monthly summaries and discharge summaries.
3. Provides training to families or care partners and medical personnel as indicated.
4. Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment in coordination with appropriate team members. Writes letters of medical necessity when indicated.
5. Participates in discharge planning, makes recommendations for continued physical therapy and provides home exercise programs when appropriate.
6. Attends all appropriate conferences, rounds, in-services and meetings.
7. Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is necessary as dictated by staffing needs.
8. Attends clinics as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
- Current New York State Physical Therapy license.
- Experience: 5 years of related experience.
- General Skills: Excellent oral, communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate analytical problem solving skills.