Mount Sinai Careers
BIOINFORMATICIAN II - DEVELOPMENTAL & REGENERATIVE BIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
This is a key role for a bioinformatics analyst who will lead a variety of projects and gain exposure to many productive areas of research. S/he will develop and support multiple research projects by delivering bioinformatics services for biomedical data from large datasets. This individual demonstrates strong statistical and biological programming proficiency with proven expertise in genomics analyses and advanced knowledge of analytical methodologies. Additional responsibilities are listed below.
- Develop and lead a variety of bioinformatics analysis projects.
- Write custom scripts for analysis of data derived from high-throughput techniques.
- Manage databases, conduct statistical and genomic analysis, and participate in the preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Collaborate with wet-bench biologists and work independently to analyze data derived from several types of projects including microarray and high-throughput sequencing data and data from high-throughput screens.
- Provide assistance with experimental design.
- Perform quality control and analysis.
- Train and guide pre- and post-doctoral trainees in basic bioinformatics approaches
- Provide general IT support including assisting with website creation and updates, and streamlining research-related databases.
- Other related duties, including assisting with related wet-lab projects, as assigned.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Sciences, Statistics or related discipline; PhD. in related field preferred.
- 4 years of experience in research environment, including 2 years’ experience manipulating large biological datasets.
- Advanced knowledge of genetics and/or statistics analysis software and online resources. Experience in programming environments such as Matlab, R statistical package, BioConductor, Perl and C++.
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required.