Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Administrative Assistant, Breast Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Role & Responsibilities:
Provides secretarial and clinical support to
physicians and surgeons and performs administrative duties necessary to deliver
quality patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May schedule appointments for patients
- Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician
- Maintain logging system as required for tracking test results
- Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms)
- May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary
- May be responsible for Medical Assistant duties if qualified, such as performing venipuncture and/or EKGs, checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing, as well as collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. May assist physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information
- Retrieve physician correspondence from dictation service, edit where necessary
- Prepare physicians’ mail correspondence
- Compile documents for surgical billing packages
- May maintain, adjust and confirm patient office schedule
- Help direct patient flow during practice hours
- Participate in revenue cycle processes
- May perform medical scribe functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing
Certified Medical Assistant required if performing Medical Assistant duties
- 3 years of related experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.