Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Coordinates patient care activities for assigned service by scheduling and overseeing Physician Assistants (and, depending on staffing), NP staff. Implements and establishes protocols and policies for and pertaining to clinical practice, serves as communicator between PA staff and department administration. Provides patient care for all patient populations; plans and assigns work to and supervises other employees, such as Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedules PAs and NPs to provide appropriate patient care in CISUC, CPCU and OR; assures that all discharge summaries are dictated and required forms appropriately completed.
2. Responsible for the day to day management and supervision of midlevel providers.
3. Attends department meetings to provide PA input.
4. Responsible for evaluating staffing needs and developing positions in the FPA, operating room (OR) and department units to accommodate the addition of attending physicians and coinciding patient volume.
5. Implements, revises and reviews policies and procedures pertaining to staff in purview.
6. Assures all PA and NP staff maintain appropriate credentials, including meeting CME requirements.
7. Trains new and existing staff in new protocols.
College graduate, graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program. New York State P.A. certification and current registration mandatory.
New York State current Department of Education registration mandatory.
Minimum 5 years working as a Physician Assistant in specialty program, preferably in an Academic Medical Center. Prior managerial experience desired.
1. Physician Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.