Mount Sinai Careers
Per diem Clinical Nurse/RN- MSH- Observation Unit
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- NYS RN with BSN, BCLS, ACLS and at least 2 years exp in acute care telemetry and or ED nursing.