Mount Sinai Careers
Applications Analyst III, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The ECHO Consortium at Mount Sinai is recruiting for an application analyst/administrator to support the biobanking operation. This role will be responsible for LabVantage administration, user support, data capture and management, and data integration. It includes:
- In depth understanding of application administration, data security controls and governance of master data for biorepository
- Solid working experience with research informatics tools, such as biorepositiry management system, clinical study management system, electronic data capture
- Knowledge in biomedical research, clinical study protocol development, and biorepository sample collection protocol development
- Willing and capable to learn new software applications and master them quickly
- Effective communication with team members, including clinical researcher who enrolls participants and collects samples or repository staff who processes and tracks samples, to enable them to use the tool effectively and comfortably
- Working with IT team and vendor, including analysts, developers, and DBAs to keep application run smoothly, safely, and updated timely
- Prior working experience with LabVantage Biobanking or LIMS is preferable, but not necessary
- Prior working experience in biorepository is preferable, but not necessary
- Prior working experience in Java programing, software implementation is preferable, but not necessary
- Education: Bachelor’s in Biological Science, Computer Science, Informatics, or a related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- Experience: At least three years of hands-on experience as a user or administrator of research application software
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.