Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Secretary II - Recanati/Miller Transplant Institute
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Secretary II- Recanati/Miller Transplant Institute, 2412558
Performs secretarial and general office support
involving word processing, typing, telephone reception, mail distribution and
record and file maintenance. Typically services are provided for an assigned
department, care center, nursing unit or one or more individuals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy and may compose routine correspondence and memoranda. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
- May prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor’s visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Makes travel, accommodation and/or transportation arrangements.
- Schedules and maintains calendar for meetings and/or appointments.
- Responds to inquiries for information according to established policies.
- Gathers, assembles and categorizes data for general information purposes and special reports.
- May process check requests and expense reimbursements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Education: Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Experience: 2 years clerical/secretarial experience required.
- Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.