Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Biomedical Software Developer participates in full life cycle application development; designs and support complex scientific software development and deployment for basic and clinical research studies.
- The Biomedical Software Developer interacts with researchers and provides technical expertise and develops successful solutions
- Take ownership as lead developer of shared Institute informatics software packages such as co-expression analysis, causality inference testing, etc. Work with Institute researchers to make usability, performance and algorithmic improvements to these applications, and then to apply these tools to datasets of interest
- Work with Institute researchers and Institutional collaborators to mine the Mt. SInai Data Warehouse/Electronic Medical Record system for novel clinical insight. This will include developed and applying machine learning algorithms and other data mining techniques to these data sources.
- Contribute to a professional software engineering culture including participating code reviews, mentoring junior developers and other activities that help improve the Institute's software engineering capabilities.
- Senior computer scientists with M.S. or equivalent in CS, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience developing, architecting and managing the development of numerical software in C/C++ and or Java. Should have strong record of successfully developing and shipping complex software packages.
- Superior interpersonal/analytical skills