Mount Sinai Careers
REVENUE CYCLE MANAGER - OTOLARYNGOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing/collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Manages practice/department within the established budget, including annual planning, and develops monthly status reports.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of delinquent accounts, ensuring third-party payors are contacted.
- Establishes and recommends credit and collection policies. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Solves difficult payment and associated Mount Sinai practices or network problems (whether Hospital or FPA based). Audits problem accounts and takes appropriate action to achieve amicable outcome between patient and the Medical Center.
- Maintains contact with Medical Records and other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensure policies are communicated and administered consistently
- Develops and oversees business systems and works with Information Technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- May meet with new patients and caregivers in assigned department(s) to orient them to billing processes and expectations.
- Monitors daily operating activities of assigned department and makes suggestions necessary for improved workflow and efficiency.
- Initiates and answers pertinent correspondence. Prepares operational and financial reports and analysis, noting progress as well as adverse trends. Makes appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Maintains required records and files.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures including government, insurance and third-party payor regulations.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies, as directed.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains confidentiality as regards to patients accounts status.
- Acts as liaison with all levels of administration and faculty in the coordination of operational activities to achieve directives and facilitate problem resolution.
- Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the department, unit or division. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in business administration or related field. Masters Degree in business or related field preferred.
- (5) years of medical business office experience, (2) years experience in Hospital or Part B billing, and/or accounting or information systems.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Skill in developing, implementing and administering budgets.
- Ability to process patient and public inquiries and respond with poise and efficiency.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to conceptualize work flow, develop plans and implement appropriate actions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.