Mount Sinai Careers
Trainer III - Oracle Implemenation
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Collaborating with the Business Engagement team and resources from the business, such as subject matter professionals (SMPs), the Instructional Designer translates business content into learner-centered and engaging solutions.
In accordance with the project milestones and deadlines outlined by the PMO, the Instructional Designer is responsible for identifying and raising any risks that could cause slippage to timelines and solution delivery.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop informal and formal learning solutions across multiple modalities
- Coordinate with the PMO to meet established project deadlines
- Collaborate with SMPs to translate business content into learner-centered solutions
- Collaborate with the Business Engagement team on course design and development
- Validate solutions with the Business Relationship Director
- Co-facilitate train-the-trainer sessions
- Employ adult learning principles and innovation strategies to create engaging and learner-centered solutions
- Delivers and or trains the trainer on designed solutions through appropriate channels - may include classroom, eLearning, web-based upskilling of superusers, administrators and change champions
- Process and procedural training designed to standardize ways of working
- Business change training for managers
- Deliver presentations and trainings using creative and acceptable methods and techniques
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
- 3+ years of instructional design experience
- Experience using content authoring tools across multiple modalities
- Knowledge of learning & development Principles across modalities
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Experience delivering learning for large scale implementations.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Technical training design and development
- HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Facilitation and collaboration