The Mount Sinai Health System
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care and research/education. Our health system has ~38,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Seek to improve the status quo
MSHP seeks a Support Analyst to provide general operational and technical support across a broad range of applications to our clients via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., web portal, email). The Support Analyst will provide operational support and problem resolution for service and technical issues related to institutional applications utilizing independent judgment and problem solving skills. He or she will also maintain a log of system issues and convey client feedback to Support Team leadership. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and a natural problem solver who is driven to advance their skills through their education and exploration of application functionality, while guided by a seasoned mentor.
1. Performs daily functions that may include user, operational, and process support.
2. Provide first point of contact support for clients reporting technical or application issues
3. Interact with clients to help troubleshoot and resolve application problems or issues
4. Diagnose and resolve client questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality, and bugs/enhancements
5. Document problems and solutions to train lower-level support on how to properly address client or product problem
6. Prepares documents, training materials, and other notes during normal job duties.
7. Has a basic understanding of software, scripting languages, and databases
8. Performs other related duties as needed
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· 2 - 4 years of experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a technical role such as help desk or applications support analyst.
Additional Skills and Qualities
· Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
· Team player who creates a positive team environment
· Commitment to learning and acquiring new skills
· Healthcare application support experience preferred.
· Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
· Basic network troubleshooting familiarity (VPN access, connectivity and DNS (required))
· Proficiency with a scripting language preferred
· Familiarity with Healthcare Management/Processes a plus
· Exposure to salesforce a plus