We are looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals genuinely interested in research bridging medicine and genomics to join the newly established Tsankov lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Our lab’s overall vision is to build data-driven, quantitative models that improve diagnosis, find new drug-able pathways, and personalize treatment of patients with lung cancer and respiratory diseases. We process and analyze clinical samples from patients with the goal of unraveling the underlying regulatory mechanisms in normal lung cell homeostasis and interactions with the immune and stromal
microenvironment as well as elucidating changes in cellular and tissue regulation in individuals with lung disease. New lab members have the option of being cross-trained to apply and develop computational frameworks and experimental techniques for high-throughput, next
generation sequencing (NGS) datasets (e.g. single-cell transcriptomic, epigenomic, and spatial data). The vibrant, multidisciplinary training environment will allow for learning the state-of-theart in single cell genomics analysis/technologies and for close interactions with clinical scientists and our collaborators at Mount Sinai, the Broad Institute, and Harvard Medical
• Process and analyze NGS and other biomedical data using established pipelines.
• Develop and benchmark new tools for NGS and single cell data analysis.
• Collaborate with researchers in interpretation of data.
• Participate in the preparation of manuscripts, grants, and presentations.
• BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, comp bio, or other quantitative discipline.
• Team oriented with abilities to think creatively and work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Programming/scripting skills in R, Matlab, Python/Jupyter, Perl, Unix, and/or LSF.
• Training in machine learning, statistical modeling, and NGS genomic analysis a plus.
• A genuine love for science and people.
Interested applicants please send 1) your CV with a list of publications and research experiences, 2) a short summary of your present and future research interests, and 3) for postdocs a list of three references and their contact information to Alex Tsankov (email@example.com).
Mount Sinai offers numerous career development opportunities and benefits, including subsidized housing for students and postdocs, recreational programs/activities, excellent health, dental, and vision insurance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. For
more information please visit our lab’s website, www.tsankovlab.org.
Thank you for your interest in our lab!