We are looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals genuinely interested in research bridging medicine and genomics to join the newly established Tsankov lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City. Our lab’s overall vision is to build data-driven, quantitative models that improve diagnosis, find new drug-able pathways, and personalize treatment of patients with lung cancer and respiratory diseases. We analyze clinical samples from patients with the goal of unraveling the underlying regulatory mechanisms in normal lung cell homeostasis and interactions with the immune and stromal microenvironment as well as
elucidating changes in cellular and tissue regulation in individuals with lung disease. New lab members have the option of being cross-trained to apply and develop computational frameworks and experimental techniques for high-throughput, next generation sequencing (NGS) datasets (e.g. single-cell transcriptomic, epigenomic, and spatial data). The vibrant, multidisciplinary training environment will allow for learning the state-of-the-art in single cell genomics analysis/technologies and for close interactions with clinical scientists and our collaborators at Mount Sinai, the Broad Institute, and Harvard Medical school.
• Patient sample processing, cell dissociation, and flow cytometry.
• Adopt and develop NGS and single cell protocols and technologies.
• FISH and IHC on tissues, exposure to tissue/organoid culture.
• Strong background in immunology, lung, or cancer biology a plus.
• Participate in the preparation of grants, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Ph.D. or MD-PhD in molecular biology, cancer, immunology, and/or genomics.
• Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Training/exposure to lung biology, cancer biology, and/or genomics a plus.
• Familiarity with tissue culture, genome editing, and/or cancer assays a plus.
• A genuine love for science and people.
Interested applicants please send 1) your CV with a list of publications and research experiences, 2) a short summary of your present and future research interests, and 3) a list of three references and their contact information to Alex Tsankov (firstname.lastname@example.org). Mount Sinai offers numerous career development opportunities and benefits, including
subsidized housing for students and postdocs, recreational programs/activities, excellent health, dental, and vision insurance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. For more information please visit our lab’s website, www.tsankovlab.org.
Thank you for your interest in our lab!