Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Senator Frank R. Lautenberg Environmental Health Sciences Laboratory in the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks applications for multiple associate researcher positions that will involve untargeted profiling of endogenous and exogenous metabolites, nutrients and toxins in human tissues and other matrices by high-resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS). The position will provide assistance in LC-HRMS and GC-HRMS analysis in support of both research and service activities supporting precision medicine and exposome research. Projects include developing novel untargeted analysis techniques for various biological tissues and samples, development of samplers to assess exposures and studies focused on environmental determinants of human disease. The facility currently houses two UHPLC-HRMS instruments (Agilent 6550 and 6546), one UHPLC-Orbitrap (Thermo Q-Exactive HFX) and one GCOrbitrap (Thermo GC Q-Exactive), and has plans to strengthen its technology base further.
- Receipt, cataloging and inventory of environmental and biological samples
- Ordering laboratory supplies
- Preparing and analyzing biological samples with LC-HRMS or GC-HRMS
- Perform sample analysis QA/QC
- Operating and maintaining GC or LC instrumentation
- Summarization and reporting of targeted and untargeted HRMS data
Our laboratory is located on Central Park in New York City in the Icahn School of Medicine and is affiliated with the Mount Sinai Health System, the largest health care provider in New York. The department also includes the new Institute for Exposomic Research, the first in the world focused on exposomics. The team-science approach in this department provides opportunities to co-author publications with leading collaborators. Work related experience will be considered in determining
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in areas related to metabolomics, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, mass spectrometry or environmental health related fields
- Hands-on HRMS experience including untargeted data acquisition and analysis. They must also have strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to independently meet project timelines
- Experience with MassHunter, TraceFinder and R strongly preferred
- Preference will be given to scientists with the expertise summarized above, we are willing to train exceptionally motivated individuals with strong analytical and communication skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.