Mount Sinai Careers
PRACTICE MANAGER - OTOLARYNGOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates planning, training and implementation of conversion of new practices to the billing system. Works with administrator to develop and prepares the billing implementation plan.
- Establishes practice site procedures to ensure the efficient flow input data and billing.
- Develops and supervises the preparation and implementation of new uniform training programs for billing activities and performance measurement.
- Serves as liaison and communicates to Administrators, physicians and other to modify third party reimbursement and proposes modifications in service delivery arrangement.
- Plans and coordinates capital equipment procurement for practices. Ensures that all necessary support services are provided. Coordinates space allocation in the building.
- Serves as liaison to all levels of the Medical Center and School including department heads and chairmen to ensure that non-financial services are provided and outstanding issues are resolved.
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
- Reviews and evaluates manual and computerized practice office support system such as scheduling, telephone answering, dictation, medical records, etc.
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy