Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical RN Manager- MSH- Admiiting and Throughput Dept - FT- Evenings
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Admitting and Throughput Dept REQ # 2419440
Job Title: Clinical RN Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
Oversees all clinical activities. The Clinical Manager's primary responsibilities are to collaborate with the clinical teams to facilitate patient admissions, discharges, intra-hospital and inter-facility transfer processes. Responsibilities include analyzing information received on the electronic bed board and from clinical staff to coordinate assignment of patients to the appropriate clinical unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates assignment of beds based on appropriate level of care and patient aggregation from the Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Direct Admissions, patient transfers within the hospital and transfers from other hospitals identified by the Transfer Center. Includes all entry points into the organization.
2. Promotes optimum utilization of hospital beds by conducting rounds and communicating with admission planners, admitting staff, Emergency Department, Perioperative Services, Transfer Center and staff on the patient care units regarding bed availability, current census and admission needs.
3. Addresses and resolves daily issues arising from increased census and decreased bed availability.
4. Promotes patient, family and physician satisfaction regarding bed assignments. Intervenes in conflicts as needed.
5. Liaises with Nursing and Providers to facilitate patient discharges, inter-facility and intra-hospital transfer processes.
6. Coordinates accurate, current/up-to-date census and patient bed availability information.
7. Takes the initiative to anticipate problems, uses creative thinking and generates reports as required.
8. Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, including bringing environment and equipment problems to the attention of Bed Management Leadership
9. Coordinates 6AM Census, Bed Management Updates, and collect and report monthly data as needed.
10. May need to work variable shifts/hours and weekends.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
This includes policy and program development, financial issues, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, and many direct patient care/clinical duties including managing patient emergencies.
NYS RN with BSN and BCLS and at least 2 years of acute care RN with management/supervisory experience. Bed Management experience preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.