Mount Sinai Careers
Program Manager I, Pediatrics
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Mount Sinai Parenting Center (MSPC) is located in the Department of Pediatrics in the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The Center's mission is to transform the way pediatric healthcare is delivered by maximizing opportunities to promote strong parent-child relationships and early child development within everyday healthcare interactions. Through provider training, environmental transformation and pioneering research, our easily scalable programming will leverage the healthcare space to reach families in the earliest years.
The Program Manager for the Mount Sinai Parenting Center will oversee the role out and implementation of several MSPC initiatives to a national audience. As part of our mission, we are committed to bringing our programming to the community and aggressively exploring and establishing additional sites for participation. This role will initially focus on scaling our Pediatric Residency Curriculum and Environmental Transformation Project to other hospitals and health care networks, and will continue to oversee additional program roll-out as appropriate. The MSPC Program Manager will be expected to oversee all aspects of recruitment and communication with outside partners, the creation and activation of implementation and roll out plans, individual site data management and troubleshooting, management of involved vendors and marketing and presentation of material to a wide audience. This position will include travel to existing and potential healthcare partners as well as attendance/presentation at conferences and marketing events.
Requirements for this position include:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of MSPC tools, initiatives and mission
- Detailed, organized and meticulous documentation, follow-up and feedback
- Ownership of all program logistics
- Regular reporting on progress, assessments and opportunities
- Close communication with the MSPC Directors
- Proficiency in problem solving, thinking flexibly and triaging issues on the ground
- Ability to work independently, set clear goals and targets and manage work flows
- Oversees and manages the activities of subordinates and consultants and provides leadership and direction for staff, if applicable, setting an effective agenda to ensure that performance goals are met
- Develops and independently implements new or revised program goals, strategies and objectives to sustain and grow programs and services
- Develops and schedules a program work plan in accordance with specifications, objectives and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities through assigned staff; prioritizes and delegates work activities
- Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized
- Administers program procedures and systems. Ensures information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures
- Confers with and advises staff and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretations; refers to appropriate department or person when unable to respond
- Takes an active role in developing the program budgets and grants. May monitor, verify and oversee the reconciliation of budget expenditures
- Hires program staff, is responsible for performance appraisal evaluations, promotions, transfers and other personnel transactions as assigned
- May collaborate with program leadership to prepares proposals for corporate and foundation funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors/donors
- May perform needs assessment and analyzes and studies participant, member and community needs for basis of program development
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or greater is preferred, or a combination of applicable experience and education
- Experience: 5+ years of experience managing and administrating program activities for assigned area
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.