Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiac Cath Lab - 2419900
Cardiovascular Specialist I
- Maintain sterile techniques to prepare room, equipment table, and provide quality care to patients.
- Monitor equipment to ensure appropriate working conditions and during procedures. Alert the care team of any changes.
- Retrieve supplies under the direction of physicians and nurses during the procedure as needed.
- Maintain stock at par level in the procedure room by restocking rooms after each procedure with items used during the procedure. Restock lab area as needed.
- Participate in product evaluations.
- Count the number of revolutions during a rotablator procedure.
- Turn on and check all equipment at the beginning of the day. Trouble-shoot problems and immediately contact the appropriate person to repair equipment
- Check the monitoring equipment, intravascular ultrasound, pacemakers and IABP pump in working condition. Trouble-shoot problems and immediately contact the appropriate person to repair the equipment.
- Assist in the transport of patients and transfer of patients to the procedure table.
- Perform assignment according to established guidelines
a. Assist cardiologist with selective procedures.
b. Apply principles and practices of asepsis.
c. Perform surgical scrub, gowning, and gloving procedure.
d. Set up sterile instrument table and prepare supplies according to type of procedure.
e. Assist in draping of patient and procedure area according to need.
- Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Perform other duties as required
- Greet visitors and answer telephones promptly and courteously. Escort visitors to appropriate area, when necessary, promptly and courteously.
- Answer physician pagers and refer to appropriate staff.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and functional environment, including removing trash and bringing physical plant equipment problems to the attention of the managers.
- Transport patient on stretchers or wheelchairs, as required.
- Education: HS Diploma/GED. Registered Cardiovascular Specialist (RCIS/RVS). Foreign MD who has passed MBBS examination may substitute
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- BLS is required
- Foreign MD who has passed MBBS examination may substitute
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in Cardiac Cath or EP lab.