Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: 340B Pharmacy Operations
The 340B Program Coordinator is responsible for
the day to day management, compliance review, and operations of the 340B
program including hospital-administered medications in 340B eligible locations,
mixed use areas managed by split billing software, and outpatient prescriptions
filled by at contract pharmacies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs real time audits of 340B claims in split-billing software and closely monitors prescriptions for eligibility and accuracy
- Coordinates workflows with other departments throughout the health system to ensure smooth 340B workflows
- Develops processes to streamline documentation necessary for 340B compliance purposes per program rules and regulations established within system policies and procedures
- Identifies cost savings, and optimization opportunities, and compliance risks
- Regularly reviews third party split billing software to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data
- Produces, analyzes and summarizes relevant reports to improve efficiency of 340B operations as requested
- Interprets data to improve operations and optimize program savings
- Reviews and participates in the analysis and interpretation of pricing trends, makes ongoing updates based on purchasing strategy
- Strives to improve the quality, efficiency, consistency, and compliance at the system and covered-entity levels
- Prepares program content and presents information and performs other tasks related to the 340B program as requested
- Effectively communicates to wholesalers, pharmacists, leaders, and others as needed
- Attends educational trainings including conferences, webinars, roundtables as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required, or combination of education and applicable work experience
- 3 years of relevant experience required 340B and/or pharmacy experience preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.