Mount Sinai Careers
Manager Grants, Pediatrics
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for oversight of all components of the grants cycle, including pre-award budget development, post-award monitoring, program sub-contract management, and grant closeout procedures. Provides technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing and management of research grants, contract proposals, awards and all agreements for Research teams within the department. Ensures that the administration of sponsored programs related to research is in compliance with federal, state and private agency rules and regulations, as well as those of Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- Oversees the process, and provides assistance and guidance in the preparation of budgets, Grants & Contracts Office/Institutional Review Board paperwork, application forms, no-cost extensions and subcontracts. Responsible for supervision of G & C Specialist and Financial Analyst
- Reviews grants and contracts proposals and expenditures prior to submissions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensures that grants and contracts applications are directed and submitted to appropriate committees (i.e., IRB; Financial Conflict of Interest in Research Committee) for review
- Acts as liaison with department administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement
- Analyzes monthly grant activity, monitors grant spending reports and expenditures posted to assigned grant projects, and serves as liaison to Grants & Contracts Office, Sponsored Projects and other collaborating departments to ensure grants are being properly managed
- Reviews and provides supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications. Provides necessary data to Sponsored Projects for fund activation
- May implement, and supports special projects for the department or institute as needed
- May create and distribute funding opportunities packets, calendars and special alerts
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA in related areas preferred
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in grants management or closely relevant, preferably in health care or higher education, with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experienced preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.