Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
A Research Coordinator position in Protein
Biochemistry is available immediately in a Structural and Chemical Epigenetics
Laboratory at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai that studies fundamental
molecular mechanisms of epigenetic regulation of gene transcription in biology
and human diseases. The research lab operates in an interdisciplinary research
environment and is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for
structural/chemical biology, chromatin cancer biology and immunology. A
selected individual will work with senior members in the lab for studies of
protein-protein and protein-small molecule interactions using combined
biochemical and biophysical techniques. The successful candidate must be highly
motivated to tackle challenging problems in research and a recent graduate with
a BS or MS degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry and work experience in a
research laboratory setting. Other skills in protein biochemistry and small
molecule chemical compounds are a plus. Strong communication skills are
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized experiments using appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project.
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results of moderate complexity.
- Performs assays to support research studies.
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies.
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment.
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required.
- Experience: 0-2 year of research/laboratory experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.