Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The GU Cancer Biorepository team is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator I position. The Biorepository obtains informed consent from patients and also procures, preserves, and banks tissue specimens to be distributed to medical investigators for various translational biomedical research studies.
We are looking for highly motivated, confident, and personable individuals who have excellent communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate should be comfortable and capable of working with a large multicultural and ethnic demographic of people. Because of the nature of the work, we require an individual who has an open and good natured disposition who could also show empathy, understanding and patience.
- Obtains informed consent from patients under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) and educates participants regarding study requirements
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering questionnaires
- Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into various databases
- Daily task of reviewing patient schedule and following-up on cases of interest
- Collects tissue samples from Operating Rooms and transports them to Pathology, where Pathologists will identify samples for research
- Transfers blood samples from the collection site to the processing and storage site. Processes blood samples. Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol
- Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings. Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures
- Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree required; science related background preferred
- Prior clinical research experience is a plus
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills required
- Oncology experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as having great computer skills
- The prospective employee must show they work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on multiple tasks and be attentive to details
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.