Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Systems Analyst III (Research - OnCore)- Tisch Cancer Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Systems Analyst III- Tisch Cancer Institute, 2421132
The CTMS Clinical Research Systems Analyst III
works closely with TCI Leadership to facilitate the implementation, data
migration, and functional requirements of systems to facilitate clinical
research in the Tisch Cancer Institute. The primary responsibility of this
position will be for the deployment and continuous quality improvement of the
OnCore CTMS and its use across the Cancer Clinical Trials Office. The CTMS
Senior Systems Analyst will also provide information systems expertise to
leadership with the overall goal of increasing efficiency for the clinical
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the ongoing maintenance activities for the TCI Clinical Trials Management System.
- Oversee, coordinate and assess the day-to-day operation of the CTMS.
- Participate in on-going quality and control processes, testing upgrades and changes to CTMS, and development of new processes.
- Perform production support activities, including triaging issues, evaluating patches and fixes, assessing impact, and implementing solution.
- Perform Quality Control and Quality assurance activities to verify and maintain accurate and complete protocol data.
- Evaluate the functionality of the system.
- Interacts with users to evaluate needs, identify specific issues, and develop processes that will result in a functional CTMS.
- Provides support to end users, participates in trainings, communicates new features, and assists with adapting study designs for OnCore usage within studies of varying complexity.
- Evaluate OnCore functionality as used for protocol and subject management; work with individuals and teams to improve efficiency of tools and propose new methods to achieve goals through use of OnCore functionality as appropriate.
- Assists the CTMS Systems Analyst to troubleshoot and resolve CTMS problems related to protocol specific calendars.
- Strategizing and taking a key role in the development and use of reports.
- Coordinates and trains staff as necessary.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred. Advanced degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of experience in systems analysis and application program development with some supervisory, management and administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of the clinical research enterprise, especially at an academic medical center, including familiarity with the IRB process and of the financial management, budgeting and billing process.
- Knowledge of cancer research, the oncology field, or related experience preferred.
- Experience as a systems analyst with a CTMS including system support and administration, preferably OnCore.
- Familiarity with an EHR (electronic health record) system, preferably Epic.
- Experience providing technical support to customers.
- Creative problem solving skills; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations.
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.