Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Coordinator, Department of Psychiatry
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Experimental Psychopathology Laboratory (EPL) at the Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) conducts translational and clinical research aiming to develop treatments for individuals with psychosis and related disorders. We are seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to serve as part of an NIMH-funded, multi-site randomized clinical trial examining the impact of aerobic exercise on cognitive and daily functioning in individuals with schizophrenia. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Project Manager, the ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day research activities of the project including recruiting, screening, and collecting data from participants; data management; and maintenance of study documentation. Opportunities for publications are available.
- Assist in recruitment, screening, enrollment, and retention of participants
- Schedule evaluations of aerobic fitness, symptoms, biomarkers, cognitive and daily and functioning
- Attend and monitor weekly aerobic exercise sessions
- Complete timely scoring of research assessments
- Complete data cleaning, data entry, and quality assurance procedures
- Participate in regularly scheduled lab and study meetings
- Communicate regularly with the study PI, project manager, and study personnel to ensure timely completion of all study procedures
- Perform other related duties
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology, Neuroscience or related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience conducting research with individuals with psychosis or related disorders
- Experience with clinical trials a plus
- Familiarity with diagnostic, clinical or cognitive batteries a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.