Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-ray and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA Certification
- NYS PA Licensure
- DEA Licensure
- NYS Infection Control Course Certification
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification