Mount Sinai Careers
Marketing Coordinator, FPA Administration
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Marketing Coordinator functions as the
primary point-of-contact between the Marketing and Communications department
and multiple department partners throughout Mount Sinai, providing strategic
guidance and leading day-to-day project management and workflow. Assists in
developing and managing all communications, activities and services with
responsibilities in key areas of communications, with particular emphasis on
content development, writing, editing, and project management for publications,
web site content, media relations, and community outreach (if applicable).
Works collaboratively with other Department staff and will participate in
cross-disciplinary teams to achieve Department-wide and Institutional
priorities. The Marketing Coordinator may also work closely with the Executive
Marketing Committee, Administrator, or Chairman to develop the Department’s
strategic marketing/communications plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as day-to-day contact for multiple Mount Sinai department partners and manage 3rd party relationships as they pertain to particular projects, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery
- May serve as project manager for the production of Department publications and related materials for external audiences
- Responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships with departments and works with Web Marketing Director to develop institutional and key department/practice area-specific strategic recommendations
- Contributes to establishing project vision and is responsible for ensuring that all needed assets and resources are identified to successfully meet project needs
- May collect story ideas from program staff as appropriate for related content. May write most articles for the Department newsletter and may be responsible for developing a framework and content for the Department’s annual report, as well as writing and editing content for the annual report
- Leverages knowledge of marketing best practices to develop effective strategies and measurable tactical approaches
- May edit and proofread publications produced by Department staff or communications consultants
- Develops and maintains all project deliverables including budgets, timelines and change requests and assures that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget
- Assists the Administrator in developing goals and related strategies for the Department's web site. Works closely with the School’s IT/Web Specialist to maintain content for the Department's web site and intranet
- Takes a lead responsibility for developing web site content and editing content provided by Department staff, ensuring that the tone and language are consistent, accessible, and straightforward
Provides analysis of effectiveness of online communications through quarterly web usage reports
- May perform writing, editing and proofreading assignments, including the editing of grant and research proposals
- May work with the Administrator and Chairman, draft key messages, talking points, background information and other communications materials for Department staff
- May be responsible for developing all layouts, working with vendors or internal services to publish, print, and distribute materials
- Responsible for development and pushing new ideas, stories, and/or press releases to the media as necessary
- May Identify and coordinate opportunities to provide and develop programs to increase institution’s presence and visibility in the marketplace
- May develop programs for corporate wellness initiatives to build relationships with corporations to enhance market presence
- Supports the Administrator in the implementation of the Department's media relations strategy. Drafts and distributes press releases
- Prepares quarterly media coverage reports for the Administrator. Manages media placement, including identifying outlets and providing key media contacts with information about Department programs
- Performs other related duties
- BA/BS Degree (Master’s preferred) with a preference for a major in journalism, public affairs, or management
- 3+ years (higher is preferred) of business experience, client management, journalism, public relations, public affairs, or media relations, or marketing experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.