Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Scientist is experienced in the conduct of research involving the understanding of human diseases and improvement of human health. May assist in the operation of the clinical laboratory. Engages in clinical investigation or other research, production, technical writing, and related activities, and may mentor less senior scientist and Associate Researcher staff.
- Conducts research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, computational modeling, diagnosis and treatment
- Plans and directs studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease
- May assist in clinical laboratory operations
- Follows strict safety procedures when handling materials to avoid contamination
- Teaches principles of medicine and medical and laboratory procedures to physicians, residents, students, and research staff
- Confers with health departments, industry personnel, physicians, and others to develop health safety standards and public health improvement programs
- Develops treatments and designs research tools and techniques
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results
- Examines the results of clinical trials and adjusts the dosage levels to reduce negative side effects or to induce better results
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities
- Makes recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities
- Performs other related duties
- Education: PhD in Biological Science or related field
- Experience: 3 years experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.