Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Manager, Licensed, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position is a nursing and health educator
position within the Selikoff Centers for Occupational Health. The position will
combine both nursing responsibilities as well as community health education
specializing in occupational health topics including the prevention, diagnosis
and treatment of work related conditions. The position will work within the
outreach team and report directly to the outreach manager. The position will
also have clinical responsibilities reporting to the clinical program manager.
The Clinical Manager is a licensed clinician, with responsibility of oversight of activities in the assigned department. This includes policy and program development, program accreditation, financial issues, staff training, hiring/interviewing new staff, and many direct patient care/clinical duties including patient assessments, testing, patient education, managing patient emergencies, and working with patients during actual rehabilitation sessions.
- Oversees clinical, administrative and, as appropriate, program development in assigned area
- Program development, engaging other members of the clinical and administrative team
- Program accreditation/certification and updating program based on current rules/regulations
- Handle financial/insurance issues and solving problems associated with these issues
- Periodic review and update of policies and procedures
- Staff training/education
- Clinical duties, which may include patient assessments, testing, and overall health management
- Handles patient issues related to patient experience, billing and insurance issues
- Use EPIC for documentation and IDX for scheduling and billing
- Other duties as required
- Education: BS in health related profession, i.e. Physiology (Masters preferred), with current licensure, MS Exercise Physiology preferred
- Experience: Five years of clinical exercise experience with two years of management and supervisory experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and ACSM certified clinical exercise specialist preferred
- IDX trained and certified super-user in EPIC preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.