The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to and shape several ongoing projects within the lab. The Postdoctoral Fellow will report directly to the Principle Investigator (PI).
1. Conduct and design experiments under the direction of lab PI using advanced research techniques; performing basic molecular and cellular biology methods including tissue culture as well as biochemistry techniques such as cytotoxicity assays, PCR, Western Blot and analysis of samples through flow cytometry. Perform experiments with in vivo mouse models of tumor growth with provided training. Must be able to read and understand scientific data being applied to conduct the research.
2. Report to PI research progress and maintain a current knowledge of literature in relevant fields. Incumbents are expected to stay apprised of the literature as well as practical skill sets relevant to the field.
3. Maintain good records and contact with collaborators.
4. Nurture collaborative relationships with fellow scientists within the institution, locally, nationally and internationally.
5. Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting publications under the direction of the PI. Assists the Principal Investigator with publications by extracting and compiling moderate to complex research data (i.e. related to oncology, immunology, microbiology, etc); assisting in interpreting the data; reviewing and editing articles used in scientific publication. Must have strong science background.
6. Master computer and technical skills necessary for experimental execution as well as data input and analysis.
7. Mentors and trains less experienced research staff and graduate students in research techniques and use of equipment.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.