Design at Mount Sinai
Our Consumer Digital team at Mount Sinai Health System is seeking a hands-on Senior User Experience and User Interface Designer to join our quickly growing group. As Senior UX/UI Designer you will get to work on a high-caliber team within one of the top health systems in the world. You'll drive design vision and strategy, collaborate with a team of passionate product managers, engineers, and designers, and be the advocate for a large and diverse patient population to create seamless, accessible, and transparent consumer-facing experiences.
What you will do:
● Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll gather insights, explore possibilities, shape the user experience, and follow through to development and release.
● You’ll partner closely with our designers, engineering and product managers to synthesize ideas and define requirements.
● Create user-centered designs considering data from a variety of internal and external sources, user feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
● Create workflows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives and features.
● Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
● Work autonomously and act as a mentor for other designers. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
Who you are:
● Between 5-10 years of relevant work experience, as a UX/UI or Product Designer or comparable title.
● You have a strong online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides) for mobile and desktop.
● You have experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to help define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementing designs.
● Experienced in conducting user research, particularly usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions
● Fluent in information architecture, as well as seasoned knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
● You are experienced in designing large-scale design systems and applications.
● You have a talent for crafting imaginative design solutions while maintaining user expectations through pattern consistency.
● You have established and maintained a design component library.
● Passion for design and interest in developing and mentoring design talent.
● Expertise in tools of the trade, such as Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, Photoshop.
What's nice to have:
● Proficiency in Framer X and After Effects
● Previous experience in healthcare or some knowledge of U.S. health systems or hospital networks
● Some exposure or experience in digital marketing
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply!