Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Epidemiologist, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Epidemiologist is responsible for oversight of the epidemiologic research conducted at the World Trade Center General Responder Cohort Data Center. Reporting directly to the WTC GRC DC Deputy Director, the Senior Epidemiologist will identify research topics in need of investigation, initiate the research project, design the data analysis plan and oversee the DC Data Analysis group’s work in generating data sets and performing the data analysis. The Senior Epidemiologist will be responsible for designing results tables, working with the team on interpreting results and taking the lead on writing the resulting manuscript. This is a part time position.
- Reviewing the existing literature for identification of gaps in knowledge about World Trade Center Responder health
- Propose data-based investigations using available WTC GRC data. Prepares statistical analysis plans and timelines for project management, oversees data analysts as they perform specified dataset creation and statistical analyses, as well as interprets all results from the statistical analyses
- Utilizes knowledge of epidemiologic principles, statistical methods, and understanding of the WTC data to manage analytic work and propose additional analysis activity when appropriate
- Performs quality control checks on the data sets, methods used for data analyses and data analysis results. If problems are identified, specifies methods to be used to correct or minimize
- Work with data analysis team to write up methods used for analysis and refine tables for presenting results
- Takes the lead on writing the manuscript working with the DC Deputy Director and other collaborators
- Performs other related duties
- Education: PhD in Epidemiology
- Experience: 10 years’ experience overseeing and performing epidemiologic analyses of large data sets
- Demonstrated publication success
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.