Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Clinical data abstraction from Medical Records and other sources
- Maintains study log and case reports
- Tracking of requests for data sources, i.e. Medical Records
- Conducts data abstractions to ensure reliability of data collected by participating health system hospitals for particular QI projects
- Development of data collection instruments: -Assists Project Manager and Principal Investigator in design of data collection tools (chart review tools, patient questionnaires, etc.)
- Works with Project Team on the design and testing of computerized data collection instruments
- Participates in pilot testing of data collection instruments
- Development of training materials: -Assists in development of training materials
- Assists in providing training to other clinical abstractors from health system participating hospitals
- Administrative and research activities:
- Conducts literature searches for articles on various topics and presents findings to Principal Investigator of Project
- Summarizes and synthesizes key clinical information from literature for PI
- Assist Project Manager in providing staff support for
committees and team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in related science field
- 3 years of experience in research and/or data analysis
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of electronic database management systems
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.