Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Associate Scientist- Diagnostic, Molecular and Interventional Radiology, 2424344
The Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute (TMII) at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated Associate Scientist candidate to develop and apply novel MRI techniques in cardiovascular imaging. This is an excellent opportunity to conduct innovative MR research as a member of a team of technical and clinical experts with access to state-of-the-art imaging equipment housed at the Hess Center for Science and Medicine. The position will be in the Cardiovascular Imaging group jointly mentored by Dr. Yang Yang, Assistant Professor of TMII and Dr. Zahi Fayad, Director of TMII.
- Development of novel imaging techniques for comprehensive CMR imaging using non-Cartesian trajectories and motion-correction techniques.
- Responsibilities consist of pulse sequence programming and development, acquisition of image data on study subjects and healthy volunteers, image reconstruction with Gadgetron etc.
- Independent research, contributions to publications and grants, and leadership roles within the Institute.
- Opportunities for teaching also exist.
- Education: Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience: 3 years of related work experience; Siemens IDEA and ICE environments is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.